Info Night - Free
How to Setup a Program
Register For Real Test
Links and Resources
Share Your Scores
Join the Team
425 825 0702
Complete the sentence
Directions: For each blank below, fill in the best word from the options provided.
1. Because Jimmy knew the hornets were
, he wouldn't take the dare to throw a rock at their hive.
2. The child's artwork was unimpressive and
3. The praying mantis, while looking menacing at first, was in fact
4. Don't bore your audience with excess verbiage; be
5. The new dog owner, in an attempt to train the young puppy,
his good behavior.
of the striped pants and the polka-dot blouse was a strain on my eyes.
7. His antique collection was very
in that each piece was from a different time period.
8. The headmaster's
demeanor tended to scare off the more timid students.
comment left us rolling our eyes.
10. The cat's
nature made him easy to love.
11. Although she had experienced a great deal of
, she was able to start a successful dog-grooming business.
12. Although they'd had a spat earlier that afternoon, the couple was able to remain
at the birthday party later that night.
13. The goal of the
pre-law program at the university is to prepare students for law school.
14. The new employee, eager to impress his boss, was utterly
15. Bob is so absent-minded; he hasn't even a
of common sense.
16. Due to a very bad burn from the oven, Jenny has lost her
of the film left us feeling like we had paid far too much for the time actually spent at the theater.
18. After she left, I gave them my
opinion of her new hairstyle.
19. The cell phone in Mr. Mod's pocket was the only
during the civil war re-enactment.
20. While she was only three, and clearly still needed her parent's care for survival, she believed herself to be completely
nature made the blind-date easy and effortless.
22. Nadine gave a beautiful
at her grandfather's memorial.
sunset was the perfect end to a perfect day.
24. Usually a shy and quite boy, Jamie surprised us by being
with his new friend Tom.
Copyright © 2013